Supervision and Training
A qualified teacher of 26 years, having taught in schools, colleges, conservatoires and university settings, I am an experienced educator, facilitator and placement supervisor for speech therapy students.
I am an experienced trainer in transgender voice and communication therapy to speech and language therapists, voice coaches, psychological and medical clinicians, commissioners and managers. I am National Advisor for Transgender Voice and Communication for the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, Chair of the Transgender Clinical Excellence Network, Council Member of British Association of Gender Identity Specialists.
Supervision and training is offered to voice coaches and developing and experienced speech and language therapists in:
- Clinical Voice Disorders, with an emphasis on working with professional voice users, actors, teachers, singers, choristers
- Stammering therapy
- Narrative Therapy and its application to stammering therapy and voice work
- Presence, experiential voice work, public speaking development
- Vocal anatomy and physiology
- Transgender voice and communication
- Counselling skills training including group therapy process