I worked extensively as an actor in film, television and theatre in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s and was trained by Patsy Rodenburg, Jeannette Nelson, Annie Morrison and Charmian Hoare at Guildhall School of Music & Drama. I also studied vocally with Cicely Berry and Barbara Houseman. As a voice coach I have been mentored and supervised by Jeannette Nelson and Annie Morrison.
I teach actors at leading drama schools and have been a consultant to several UK theatre companies, and run workshops for voice coaches and performers. I bring my long training and experience to help you explore your voice in a creative, intuitive, evidentially and experientially informed way.
For actors and performers, I can help you with:
- professional and drama school auditions
- phonetic break-down and dialect coaching
- breath support
- resonance development
- singing range
- muscular and independent articulation
- text and clarity
I work with non-actors, corporate and non-corporate clients, individuals and groups interested in developing:
- public speaking skills
- giving presentations and motivational speaking
- personal presence to feel more confident and authoritative at work or in meetings
- speech writing and delivery (bridegroom, best man, eulogy)